The Village of Barnesville has implemented the CodeRED emergency alert high-speed notification system. The CodeRED system gives Village officials the ability to quickly deliver pre-recorded telephone notifications and informational messages to targeted areas or to the entire village. Notifications can be received by phone, text message, email, and by a free mobile app. The CodeRED system is being provided to the Village of Barnesville through Belmont County 911. Emergency Notifications may include: Boil Orders, Missing Persons or Children, Criminal Activity, Evacuations, Local Security or Crime Alerts.
The Village of Barnesville may also activate CodeRED to send General Notifications to subscribers to disseminate non-emergency notifications for community reminders and information such as: Road Closures, Street Sweeping Schedule, Cemetery Cleanup, Fire Hydrant Flushing, Leaf Pickup, Christmas Tree Pickup, and Village Events.
We encourage residents to opt-in to receive the General Notifications.
No one should assume their phone number and information is already in the database. Much of the information that we currently have are from public databases. All businesses should register, as well as individuals who have unlisted phone numbers or use a VoIP as your phone connections (such as Xfinity Voice by Comcast, Vonage, Google, Skype, or AT&T U-verse, etc.), and those who have changed their phone number or address within the last year. In addition to this, those using cell phones as their primary phone should also register.
- Go to the CodeRED Online Registration Page
- Create a managed account, or select no to review and submit information
- Complete the online enrollment form
- Verify information, including correct location on the map
- Submit enrollment and complete sign up
For those without internet access, you may stop into the Barnesville Police Department or Barnesville Water Office to complete a registration form.
We encourage you to register your information. Please use your current physical address (no P.O. boxes), primary phone, alternate phone, cell phone, and/or email address. We recommend when registering to check mark the "General Notifications" box.
When registering be sure to select "This address is a business" option. Please use the businesses physical address, no P.O. boxes. Please note, messages can only be delivered to a direct dial number. Automated attendants will disrupt the process and calls will not be delivered. Businesses should register the main number, and/or additional numbers and establish procedure for distributing the CodeRED message to their workforce. We recommend when registering to check mark the "General Notification" box.
- CodeRED delivers notifications by phone calls to landlines, cell phones, emails, text message, and/or mobile alerts.
- CodeRED is compatible with TDD/TTY devices for those with hearing impairments.
- Individuals and businesses may add as many phone numbers, emails, and text message numbers as you would like.
- There is no charge to register for or to use CodeRED and your personal information will be kept secure and confidential.
- CodeRED Mobile Alert app sends geographical-based messages to subscribers nationwide.
Notifications for CodeRED will come from the following phone numbers, you can add them to your contact list:
- 866-419-5000 Emergency Notifications
- 855-969-4636 General Notifications
- 800-566-9780 Weather Warnings
The Village also uses the CodeRED Weather Warning. This unique service automatically notifies citizens in the path of severe weather just moments after a warning has been issued by the National Weather Service. This is available at no cost and you choose the alerts you would like to receive such as: Tornado, Severe Thunderstorm, Flash Flood, and Winter Storms.
Residents, as well as, visitors can receive enhanced public safety alerts wherever you may be located via the CodeRED Mobile Alert App. The app is free for both Android and iPhone users. The CodeRED Mobile Alert app delivers community and emergency alerts to individuals targeted within an impact geographical area so that you may also receive timely notifications when on the road or away from home.
Current CodeRED subscribers that has already registered your mobile phone to receive notifications from the Village of Barnesville, you will continue to receive calls.