Local Government Menu

Community Menu

Services Menu



Contact Information:

EMERGENCY:       911
EMS Building:      (740) 425-3368

EMS Captain:       (740) 238-8916
Billing Questions: (740) 619-0034 (Ask For Mary Anne)

Membership Application

Barnesville EMS, located at 127 East Church Street currently serves the community with a roster of 20 part time employees. Of those employees, 10 are Paramedics, 2 Advanced EMTs, and 8 EMTs. Currently, personnel are on duty 80% of the time. With the remaining 20% relying on mutual aid and volunteers. Barnesville EMS is working diligently with village council to provide 24/7 paid EMS coverage to the community. Currently Barnesville EMS covers the Village of Barnesville, Warren Township, Kirkwood Township, and parts of Flushing, Goshen, and Wayne Townships. Covering over 83 square miles, Barnesville EMS has the largest coverage area in Belmont County.

In 2011 Barnesville EMS, along with Bethesda EMS, began covering medical transports out of Barnesville Hospital. This is currently handled on an "every other day" basis between Barnesville and Bethesda. This was done in order to better serve the community. There are currently no tax dollars used towards EMS. Barnesville EMS has been self-sufficient with EMS billing money. Currently EMS billing is handled "in-house" and has shown much improvement in the last few years.

Barnesville EMS operates with three ambulances. Two are ALS (advanced life support) and one BLS (basic life support). Recently Barnesville EMS was able to purchase a new ambulance, as well as get a previous ambulance box "re-mounted" to a new chassis.

In 2014 Barnesville EMS answered 736 emergencies, this includes calls in their coverage area as well as mutual aid. Also, over 300 medical transports were taken out of Barnesville Hospital.

Barnesville EMS has improved significantly over the last several years by working closely with the governing bodies, Barnesville Hospital, and Bethesda EMS. We would like to thank the community for their continued support! If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact us!

Copyright © 2015, Village of Barnesville, OH. All rights reserved.