The Fiscal Office handles billing, payment, payroll, accounts payable/receivables, financial accounting, meeting records, contractor license, building permits, human resources, and income tax. Income tax for the village is processed through the Regional Income Tax Agency (R.I.T.A.).
The Village of Barnesville utilizes the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) for income tax collection and processing. The current tax rate for Barnesville is 1.00%. Tax credit paid to another city cannot exceed 1% of gross earnings in other city.
Tax Penalties & Interest Rate:
- Non filers and late payers 15% of tax due. $25/month late filing fee, not to exceed $150
- Unpaid withholding tax is 50% of the unpaid amount.
Tax Due Dates:
- Business Filing Quarterly Withholding: Due the 15th day of the month following the end of each calendar quarter.
- Business Filing Monthly Employer Withholding: 15 days after the last of each month.
- Declarations of Estimated Tax: Due the 15th day of the fourth month, on or before the 15th day of the sixth month, on or before the 15th day of the 9th month, and on or before the 15th day of the 12th month.
- Annual Net Profit Income Tax Returns: Due the 15th day of the 4th month.